Monday, November 17, 2008

Jump Rope, our local gym and more to gripe

I am going to take this opportunity to vent... so tune out if you don't want to listen.

First, this GD jump roping thing... If you were subjected to my pitiful attempt at last Thursday's workout then you know just how pissed off I was. For those of you who were not there, well the visual has been likened to MaKenna's expressions when she doesn't get her way. I can just tell you that it's been a long time since I have wanted to punch [yes, physically hit] something! I don't know what the hell has happened to me... I mean I have never been Rocky [or Sharon] like when it comes to jump roping, but I was able to do the workouts. Well, I have gone to hell in a hand basket! Seriously... Char, Dawn, Sharon and Bethany can attest to the fact that I sucked! A 'good' set was 5, yes I said 5 jumps in a row. I whacked myself in the back of the neck/head countless times, caught the f- - -ing rope on my sneakers too many times and ended up jumping so high that my vertical jump may have rivaled a WNBA star [that's slightly exaggerated]. But, what really pissed me off is that I gave up... I opted out of the jump roping for running on the tread mill [that tells you just how desperate I was]! So I have been narotic since Thursday, trying to get my jump roping moe-joe back. We'll see what happens? If I end up missing, check the city streets or city school yards , my last ditch effort will be to see if some school age girls can teach me how to Double - Dutch.

Second vent, our local fitness club and the total lack of Customer Service. I spoke with one of the most rude people that I have ever encountered today. Maybe I am too old school when it comes to my ideas about customer service but holy crap! This broad [can't bring myself to lump her into the same class of women that I respect] couldn't get it through her thick head what I was asking. I tried and re-tried to explain what I was looking for. No luck and she doesn't think that "our facility is looking to serve the part-time gym goer - they are more serious about fitness!" For the sake of trying to be as G-rated as can be I won't indulge my inner anger and tell you how I really feel about this conversation. I think I'll take my part time anger and turn it into a serious fitness workout tomorrow morning with my full time workout friends who, by the way are awesome ladies and not broads!

Thanks for listening. I'll keep you posted on the jump rope thing! Miss Mary Mack, Mack. All dressed in Black, Black. With Silver Buttons all down her Back, Back! Getting ready for the double -dutch option.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Jess, I can totally feel your frustration. I look at you and see how far you have come and am so proud of you. YOu are my inspiration. I wish I had your drive and determination. I only have that in my business.... not in my personal life, and definitely not about myself. You are too hard on yourself.... you should be me and always be the last one to finish.... it definitely humbles you. You are amazing and dont let a little jump roping beat you. Those are the things that make us realize we are not perfect...... I was never an athlete like you all were, I am almost 10 years older than you guys and my life has been upside down now for at least 6 months..... I need someone to kick my ass, however I am torn between trying hard to keep my business going strong and failing my friends by not being there to workout. Not only am I mentally frustrated, I am also physically frustrated as I feel like I have backtracked so much in the last couple of months. I am getting only 2 - 4 hours of sleep a night and even that is interrupted. I have two new puppies that make sure I dont get alot of sleep and a job that requires me 10 - 12 hours a day that is the most thankless position I have ever had. I know it will get better, but I feel like I am sitting at the bottom of the well and the only daylight I can see is a pinhole. I am going to call on you guys to force me no matter how tired I am to get out there and get going again.....I need to have some inspiration or need you all to teach me how to have some inspiration. Keep the faith Jessica. You look amazing.

Lynn said...

you are too funny jess....i miss you! don't let the rope get you down; you can do it if you put your mind to it (is that a cheer or something?) i'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish with the fitness center thing; you'll have to tell me when I see you again, which I hope is at suzanne's cookie party (whenever she picks a date)...xo